To be eligible for an ECT grant, all specified activities must be undertaken on, or associated with a long-term experiment (LTE) such those that are currently on the ECT register, please click here for a list of eligible sites.
Grants are provided to fund research and to cover travel costs associated with communicating scientific findings. The ECT also provides funds to undertake essential maintenance at LTEs.
We provide funds of up to £1000 for research projects undertaken on LTEs. Funding can be used to cover the following costs:
- to facilitate extraordinary work such as supporting visiting scientists, students or public engagement,
- support for researchers to visit or to facilitate comparative studies between existing long-term ecological experiments.
We support students undertaking undergraduate or postgraduate research projects at LTEs. Funds might be used for:
- consumables or specialist equipment required for the experimental research,
- travel and accommodation, enabling students to work on LTEs where no institutional funding exists,
- travel and accommodation, enabling students to present LTE research at conferences.
Student Grant applications require a personal reference provided by the project supervisor, to be submitted along with the grant application form.
How to apply
Please download and complete the required Grant Application Form.
All costs must be clearly justified within the budget section. Any costs that are not justified will not be considered. Please ensure all costs are clearly calculated in GBP (British Sterling).
On completion please email this to jessica @britishecologicalsociety.org. Receipt of your application will be acknowledged and we aim to notify applicants if they have been successful or not within two months of receipt.